AS-1 Asphalt Solar Roof Mounting System Flashing Kit
Asphalt Solar Roof Mounting System Flashing Kit is a new roof mounting PV system.
The high-quality and fewer ranges of components with pre-installed integration can greatly save users’ installation time and costs, making it a convenient and efficient solution for rooftop projects.
Please read the entire manual carefully before installation!
2.Tools and equipment
Please prepare all the needed tools and related products before the installation. Put all the flashings to the correct positions according to the construction drawing and fasten L-feet with wood screws. Please make sure that all the L-feet are aligned horizontally and vertically.
(This step is only needed when the rail isn’t long enough, skip this step if it is.)
Insert half of the rail splice kit into the first rail and fasten with one inner hex bolt. Insert the second rail into the same rail splice kit and also fasten it with one inner hex bolt when making sure that it is leveled.
Suggest starting the installation from one side.
5.1.Notes for dimensions
The specific dimensions of the project installation should be subject to the engineering construction drawings. This installation guide book is only for the purpose of explaining the installation method of the product.
5.2.Notes for stainless steel fasteners
Stainless steel material is quite different from carbon steel with its excellent ductility. It would be unable to unscrew the bolt and nut after matching in case of improper use. That is “lock-up”, also known as “deadlock”. Methods to avoid lock-up are as follows.
5.2.1. Reduce the friction coefficient
(1) Make sure the surface of threads to be clean (without dusts or clutters);
(2) Suggest to apply water wax or lubricant on surface for installation (such as butter or 40# machine oil)
5.2.2. Use correct operation method
(1) The bolt must be perpendicular to the axis of thread when screwing. Do not lean the bolt;
(2) Apply the force evenly when tightening and the tightening torque should not exceed the specified secure torque value;
(3) Using torque wrench or socket spanner as far as possible, avoid using monkey wrench or electric wrench; Adjust the rotational speed as low as possible when using electric wrench;
(4) Avoid high temperature; To avoid lock up which caused by sharply increasing temperature, do not rotate rapidly. (like using electric wrench)
(5) Allowable tightening torque of A2-70 stainless steel bolt: M8 bolt: 11 ± 1N * m; M10 bolt: 20 ± 1 N * m; M12 bolt: 35 ± 1 N * m