CL-3 BIPV Waterproof Steel Carport Solar Mounting System
Please read the guidebook carefully before the installation.
4.1 Precast concrete base foundations
Please prepare all the needed installation tools and related products before the installation. Mark the positions of all the concrete bases according to measurement L on the drawing. Fixing the anchor bolt on a concrete base. Please make sure that all anchor bolts are aligned horizontally and vertically.
4.2 Install the post and support rack
Place the post on the anchor bolt position and tighten it with nuts.
Place the support rack on the post and tighten it with the M16x65 bolt, nut, spring washer, and flat washer.
4.3 Install the rails
(Connect the rails with rail splice if the rails are not long enough, otherwise skip this step). Insert the rail splice half into the rail and then fix it with 3pcs self-tapping screws on each side. Insert the other half of the rail splice into the rail, match it together, and then fix it with 3pcs self-tapping screws on each side as well. Then two rails are connected.
Fix the rail on the support rack with fixing clamps. (2 pcs clamps on each side).
Fix the rest rails by the above steps according to the measurements on the drawing. Make sure that all the bolts have been tightened up.
4.4. Install the gutter rails and panels
Fixing the Drainage Gutter Rail M type on carport rail YS-26 and tight them by Gutter Fixing Clamp Kit YS-FC-05Y. Please note the distance of Drainage Gutter Rail M type equals the length or width of the panel plus 20mm.
The distance of L1 clamps equals half the length of the solar panel. Fixing end clamp kit and mid clamp kit on the gutter rail with self-tapping screw 6.3x20mm. Please make sure each row of clamps is aligned horizontally.
Place the U-type Drainage Gutter Rail on W type gutter rail and then put panels on it. ( the upper and lower row of panels need to fit together without gap), then tighten the panel with the end clamp and mid clamp.
5. Installation Notes
5.1. Notes for dimensions
All the dimensions should be subject to the construction drawing. This guidebook is for the descriptive purpose of installation only.
5.2. Notes for stainless steel fasteners
Stainless steel material is quite different from carbon steel with its excellent ductility. It would be unable to unscrew the bolt and nut after matching in case of improper use. That is “lock up”, known as “deadlock”. Methods to avoid lock up as below:
5.2.1. Reduce the friction coefficient
- Make sure the surface of threads to be clean (without dust or clutters);
- Suggest to apply water wax or lubricant on the surface for installation (such as butter or 40# machine oil)
5.2.2. Use the correct operation method
- The bolt must be perpendicular to the axis of the thread when screwing. Do not lean the bolt;
- Apply the force evenly when tightening and the tightening torque should not exceed the specified secure torque value;
- Use torque wrench or socket spanner as far as possible, avoid using monkey wrench or electric wrench; Adjust the rotational speed as low as possible when using an electric wrench;
- Avoid high temperature; To avoid lock up which is caused by sharply increasing temperature, do not rotate rapidly. (like using an electric wrench)