RP-2 Pitched Tin Solar Roof Mounting System
Pitched Tin Roof Mounting system is designed with patented and innovative rail, standard components and highly pre-assembled clamps, which make the installation to be simple with great flexibility. Please read the entire manual carefully before installation.
2. Tool and equipment
4.1. Install the L-foot
Please prepare all the needed tools and related products before the installation, Mark positions of all the L-foot according to the construction drawing. L1 is determined by the span length of roof metal purlin, the length normally equals half-length of solar panel. L2 equals the span length of L-foot, which is same as the construction drawing. Please make sure that all the L-foot be aligned horizontally and vertically. Then fixing the L foot on metal purlin by 6.3x80mm self-tapping screw.
4.2. Install the rails
(Connect the rails with rail splice if the rails are not long enough, otherwise skip this step) Insert the rail splice half into first rail and then fix it with 1pc M8x12 hex bolt. Then insert the other half of rail splice into second rail, match them together and then fix them with 1pc M8x12 hex bolt as well. Then the first and second rails are connected.
Fixing the rail on L-foot kit by Z-nut. (The Z-nut is already assembled on the L-foot.)
4.3. Install the solar panels
Suggest to start the installation from left side of the bottom. Each mid clamp needs to be equipped with one grounding washer. Two end clamps of each array/line need to be equipped with two grounding lugs.
5. Installation notes
5.1.Notes for dimensions
All the dimensions should be subject to the construction drawing. This guide book is for descriptive purpose of installation only.
5.2.Notes for stainless steel fasteners
Stainless steel material is quite different to carbon steel with its excellent ductility. It would be unable to unscrew the bolt and nut after matching in case improper use. That is “lock up”, known as “dead lock”. Methods to avoid lock up as below:
5.2.1. Reduce the friction coefficient
(1) Make sure the surface of threads to be clean (without dusts or clutters);
(2) Suggest to apply water wax or lubricant on surface for installation (such as butter or 40# machine oil)
5.2.2. Use correct operation method
(1) The bolt must be perpendicular to the axis of thread when screwing. Do not lean the bolt;
(2) Apply the force evenly when tightening and the tightening torque should not exceed the specified secure torque value;
(3) Using torque wrench or socket spanner as far as possible, avoid using monkey wrench or electric wrench; Adjust the rotational speed as low as possible when using electric wrench;
(4) Avoid high temperature; To avoid lock up which caused by sharply increasing temperature, do not rotate rapidly. (like using electric wrench)
(5) Allowable tightening torque of A2-70 stainless steel bolt: M8 bolt: 11 ± 1N * m; M10 bolt: 20 ± 1 N * m; M12 bolt: 35 ± 1 N * m