RP-5 Metal Solar Roof Mounting System Mini Rail Kit
The simple installation method improves the convenience of installation. High-quality and few types of components, pre-installed integrated advanced save the installation time and costs. It is a convenient and efficient roof solution. Please read the entire manual carefully before installation.
2. Tools and equipment
4.1 Install the mini rail
Please prepare all the needed tools and related products before the installation. Mark positions of all the mini rails according to the construction drawing. L1 determined by the span length of roof rib, normal equals half-length of solar panel. L2 equals the span length of mini rail, which is same as the construction drawing. Please make sure that all the mini rail be aligned horizontally and vertically. Then fix the mini rail on roof rib by self-tapping screw.
4.2 Install the solar Panel
Suggest to start the installation from upper to the down. Each clamp needs to be equipped with one grounding washer. Two end clamps of each array/line need to be equipped with two grounding lugs.
5. Installation notes
5.1.Notes for dimensions
All the dimensions should be subject to the construction drawing. This guide book is for descriptive purpose of installation only.
5.2.Notes for stainless steel fasteners
Stainless steel material is quite different to carbon steel with its excellent ductility. It would be unable to unscrew the bolt and nut after matching in case improper use. That is “lock up”, known as “dead lock”. Methods to avoid lock up as below:
5.2.1. Reduce the friction coefficient
(1) Make sure the surface of threads to be clean (without dusts or clutters);
(2) Suggest to apply water wax or lubricant on surface for installation (such as butter or 40# machine oil)
5.2.2. Use correct operation method
(1) The bolt must be perpendicular to the axis of thread when screwing. Do not lean the bolt;
(2) Apply the force evenly when tightening and the tightening torque should not exceed the specified secure torque value;
(3) Using torque wrench or socket spanner as far as possible, avoid using monkey wrench or electric wrench; Adjust the rotational speed as low as possible when using electric wrench;
(4) Avoid high temperature; To avoid lock up which caused by sharply increasing temperature, do not rotate rapidly. (like using electric wrench)
(5) Allowable tightening torque of A2-70 stainless steel bolt: M8 bolt: 11 ± 1N * m; M10 bolt: 20 ± 1 N * m; M12 bolt: 35 ± 1 N * m