TP-2 Ballasted Triangle Solar Mounting System
Ballasted Triangle system can protect the roof without drilling holes. It is cost-savings with low ballast requirement per square meter. The entire system is high pre-assemble for fast installation and flat packed for convenient storage and transport.
Please read the guide book carefully before the installation.
2. Installation tools and equipment
4.1.Preassemble the ballasted triangle frames
Please prepare all the needed tools and related products before the installation. Mark positions of all the ballasted triangle frames according to measurement L1 on construction drawing. Each row of triangle frame should be connected by connector, M8x55mm bolt and flange nut. Please make sure that all the ballasted triangle frames be aligned horizontally and vertically.
4.2. Install the rails
4.2.1. Install the rails
(Connect the rails with rail splice if the rails are not long enough, otherwise skip this step)
Insert the rail splice half into rail A and fix it with 1pc M8x12 hex bolt.
Insert the other half rail splice into rail B, match it together and fix it with 1pc M8x12 hex bolt as well.
Then the A and B rails are connected.
4.2.2. Fix the rail onto ballasted triangle frame by fixing clamp kit.
4.2.3 Fix the rest rails by above steps according to construction drawing. Make sure that all the bolts have been tightened up. (L2 equals the half length of panel)
4.3.Install ballasted pans and concrete foundations
Put the ballasted pans onto triangle frames, and tighten it up with 8pcs or 6pcs 6.3x25mm self-tapping screws. Finally put concrete foundations on 2 sides of ballasted pans.
Suggest to start the installation from left side of the bottom. Each mid clamp needs to be equipped with one grounding washer. Two end clamps of each array/line need to be equipped with two grounding lugs.
PS: Customers can adjust the tilt degree of triangle frame by adjusting the length of rear leg, which is according to the local latitude and longitude, and fix the tilt degree by hex bolt (the adjustable range of degree is determined by the drawing design )
5. Installation notes
5.1.Notes for dimensions
All the dimensions should be subject to the construction drawing. This guide book is for descriptive purpose of installation only.
5.2.Notes for stainless steel fasteners
Stainless steel material is quite different to carbon steel with its excellent ductility. It would be unable to unscrew the bolt and nut after matching in case improper use. That is “lock up”, known as “dead lock”. Methods to avoid lock up as below:
5.2.1. Reduce the friction coefficient
- Make sure the surface of threads to be clean (without dusts or clutters);
- Suggest to apply water wax or lubricant on surface for installation (such as butter or 40# machine oil)
5.2.2. Use correct operation method
- The bolt must be perpendicular to the axis of thread when screwing. Do not lean the bolt;
- Apply the force evenly when tightening and the tightening torque should not exceed the specified secure torque value;
- Using torque wrench or socket spanner as far as possible, avoid using monkey wrench or electric wrench; Adjust the rotational speed as low as possible when using electric wrench;
- Avoid high temperature; To avoid lock up which caused by sharply increasing temperature, do not rotate rapidly. (like using electric wrench)