TP-4 Adjustable Triangle Solar Mounting System
Adjustable Triangle Mounting System is a mounting system, the height or rear support rack could be adjustable to change the system’s tile angle. The special installation way and particular support racks & rails either help to ensure the stability of the whole system or increase the easiness of installation. With high-quality components and fewer spare parts, it becomes an effective solar mounting solution for big projects.
4. Installation Manual
4.1.1 Precast Concrete Base Foundations
Please prepare all the needed installation tools and related products before the installation. Mark the positions of all the concrete bases according to measurements L1 & L2 on the drawing. Please make sure that all concrete bases are aligned horizontally and vertically. Pre-embedded the anchor bolt on a concrete base with a distance of 80±0.5mm.
4.1.2 Install the legs
Install the adjustable front leg and rear leg on the concrete base, and fix them with M8 nut.
4.2.Install the Rail
4.2.1 Installation of rail
(Connect the rails with rail splice if the rails are not long enough, otherwise skip this step) Insert the rail splice half into 1st rail and then fix them with 1 M8x12 hex bolt .Then insert the other half of rail splice into 2nd rail , match it together and then fix them with 1 M8x12 hex bolt as well. Then the 1st and 2nd rails are connected.
4.2.2 Fixing Rail & Adjustable leg
To Fix the roof rail onto the adjustable front legs by using the bolt, Z-nut, flat & spring washer which is already assembled on the front legs.
To Fix the roof rail onto the adjustable rear leg by using the bolt, Z-nut, flat & spring washer which already assembled on the rear legs.
4.3. Install the Solar Panel
Suggest to start the installation from the left side of the bottom. Each mid clamp needs to be equipped with one grounding washer. Two end clamps of each array/line need to be equipped with two grounding lugs.
5. Installation Notes
All the dimensions should be subject to the construction drawing. This guidebook is for the descriptive purpose of installation only.
5.1. Notes for stainless steel fasteners
Stainless steel material is quite different from carbon steel with its excellent ductility. It would be unable to unscrew the bolt and nut after matching in case improper use. That is “lock up”, known as “dead lock”. Methods to avoid lock up as below:
5.2.1. Reduce the friction coefficient
- Make sure the surface of threads to be clean (without dust or clutters);
- Suggest to apply water wax or lubricant on the surface for installation (such as butter or 40# machine oil)
5.2.2. Use the correct operation method
- The bolt must be perpendicular to the axis of the thread when screwing. Do not lean the bolt;
- Apply the force evenly when tightening and the tightening torque should not exceed the specified secure torque value;
- Use torque wrench or socket spanner as far as possible, avoid using monkey wrench or electric wrench; Adjust the rotational speed as low as possible when using an electric wrench;
- Avoid high temperature; To avoid lock up which is caused by sharply increasing temperature, do not rotate rapidly. (like using an electric wrench)