TP-7 New Ballasted Flat Roof Solar Mounting System
The new ballasted flat roof mount is easy to install. The simple component and clever nut will shorten the installation time. You can DIY the roof easily with this smart product, it is stock-friendly. Before installation, please read the entire manual carefully!
2. Installation tools and equipment
4.1. （Connect the base rails with the base rail connector when the rails are not long enough, otherwise skip this step）
According to the length of rails marked in the construction drawing, pick out the base rail of the corresponding length, insert half of the base rail connector into the first base rail, and insert the second base rail into this base rail connector until it is flat.
First, place the nut kit on the base rail, then place the front and rear legs on the base and tighten them slightly with M8x20 bolts. Each front leg fixes one nut kit and each rear leg fixes two nut kits. (The front and rear legs can slide)
According to the measurements of L2, L3, and L4 on the construction drawing, adjust and lock the front leg ad rear leg tightly.
Fix the ballast pan to the base rail with the M8X20 bolt and nut kit.
According to the L5 on the construction drawing, place the assembled base rail and place the concrete block on the ballast pan.
Suggest to start the panel installation from left to right. and Fix them with mid-clamp & end clamp. Each mid-clamp & end clamp needs to be equipped with one grounding washer.
5. Installation notes
5.1 Notes for dimensions
All the dimensions should be subject to the construction drawing. This guidebook is for the descriptive purpose of installation only.
5.2 Notes for stainless steel fasteners
Stainless steel material is quite different from carbon steel with its excellent ductility. It would be unable to unscrew the bolt and nut after matching in case improper use. That is “lock up”, known as “dead lock”. Methods to avoid lock up as below:
5.2.1. Reduce the friction coefficient
- Make sure the surface of threads to be clean (without dusts or clutters);
- Suggest to apply water wax or lubricant on the surface for installation (such as butter or 40# machine oil)
5.2.2. Use the correct operation method
- The bolt must be perpendicular to the axis of the thread when screwing. Do not lean the bolt;
- Apply the force evenly when tightening and the tightening torque should not exceed the specified secure torque value;
- Use torque wrench or socket spanner as far as possible, avoid using monkey wrench or electric wrench; Adjust the rotational speed as low as possible when using electric wrench;
- Avoid high temperature; To avoid lock up which is caused by sharply increasing temperature, do not rotate rapidly. (like using an electric wrench)
- Allowable tightening torque of A2-70 stainless steel bolt: M8 bolt: 11 ± 1N * m; M10 bolt: 20 ± 1 N * m; M12 bolt: 35 ± 1 N * m